Thursday, October 15, 2009

What Makes Me Me.

I am obsessed with my family.

Let me try to explain how we came to be:
My mom and dad (Nancy and Dan) gave birth to my older sister (Katie, 33), older brother (Adam, 29) and me and my twin sister (Izzy, 23). When they divorced 12 years ago, my mom remarried my stepdad Lou, who brought along two of his children (Brooks, 25), (Sarah, 19). At first, our family was completely dysfunctional and often at each other's throats. Eventually though, hatred turned to tolerance, tolerance turned to like, like turned to love, and love turned to...well...obsession. I can't imagine my life without each one of my siblings...Even when they make me absolutely crazy (which is often).


My brother Adam married Mandy (who are expecting a baby!!) and Katie married Alan. This is where another obsession of mine emerged: My nephew Aiden. Aiden recently turned 3 in July and despite his naughty-boy tendencies, he is the love of my life. He is the funniest kid I've ever met and when he loves on me I feel like the luckiest girl alive. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when we have another little one running around at our already 20 deep family functions. There's always room for a little more chaos in the Phillips/Fuller household!


Life is good when family is good. I feel so blessed to have such a tight-knit family. We defied a lot of odds and came out on top. I can't wait to see the clan continue to multiply!!

No comments:

Post a Comment